In this crochet video tutorial, I am going to show you how to close a hole in an Amigurumi piece such as a ball or your crochet toy’s head. I love using this crochet technique to close the hole in all of my Amigurumi projects because the closing circle looks very neat…almost as neat as the magic circle you started with! You may also find slightly different variations of this technique but this is the one that works for me the best so check it out and see what you think! 🙂
Scroll down to watch the step by step video tutorial on how to close a hole in an Amigurumi piece. Or click here to watch the right handed version of this video.
How to Close a Hole in an Amigurumi Piece – Instructions:
In this video I use US crochet terminology.
– FO after finishing the last round of your Amigurumi piece (notice my last round includes 12 stitches because I single crochet all the way round in my last round instead of decreasing)
– stuff your Amigurumi piece well before closing the hole
– thread your yarn needle with the yarn tail…you will pull the needle through the front loop of each stitch in the last round
– start with the first stitch pulling your needle from inside to outside, then through the second stitch pulling your needle from outside to inside. So basically with each stitch you are taking turns between going from inside and then going from outside. Don’t pull on the yarn tail too tight at this stage.
– once you have gone through all 12 stitches, pull on the yarn tail very tight to close the hole
– weave the yarn tail in through each stitch in the closing circle while pulling tight on it
Watch these video tutorials:
Join our Cuddly Stitches Community Facebook group to share your creations, chat to fellow Amigurumi makers or to exchange tips and tricks. You can also share feedback and ask for support when working with my patterns.
How to Close a Hole in an Amigurumi Piece – Watch the Video Here:
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting! 🙂