In this video, I am going to show you how to crochet animal nostrils for Amigurumi. This is an easy way how to make nostrils for your crochet animals that even beginners will find easy to follow. I personally like using the surface crochet technique because it’s a simple method of creating nostrils that make your crochet toy look very special.
Scroll down to watch the step by step video tutorial or read more about how to crochet animal nostrils for Amigurumi below.
I used this technique for the below patterns so don’t forget to check them out.
How to Crochet Animal Nostrils for Amigurumi – Abbreviations Used:
In this video I use US crochet terminology.
SL: slip stitch
DC: double crochet stitch
How to Crochet Animal Nostrils for Amigurumi – Written Instructions:
– Mark the place where you would like to crochet the nostrils – you can use pins with large heads, stitch markers or a string.
– Insert your hook into first ST (between black and first pink pin)
– Grab your yarn and pull it through the stitch, chain 1xST
– 2xDC in next ST (between first and second pink pin)
– 2xDC in next ST (between second and third pink pin)
– 1xSL in last ST (between third pink and black pin)
– Cut the yarn, pull on the yarn tails tight and weave them in
Watch these video tutorials:
Join our Cuddly Stitches Community Facebook group to share your creations, chat to fellow Amigurumi makers or to exchange tips and tricks. You can also share feedback and ask for support when working with my patterns.
Watch the Video Here:
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting! 🙂